We would recommend you have an eye test at least every two years, or more frequently if recommended by your optician. There are so many different ways to test the way your eyes are working correctly, we will make sure we choose the tests that are most appropriate for you and your needs.
Eye tests are far more than an accurate assessment of your ability to see, but asses the overall health of your eyes. This can also help identify other eye problems and even diabetes or high blood pressure.
Our eye examinations take approximately 40 minutes and will be carried out by one of our fully qualified and friendly optometrists. We tend to take longer than many opticians ensuring that your eye test is a rigorous examination as to us this is vitally important that it is as accurate as possible.
You may be eligible for FREE (NHS) eye examinations if:
- You are under 16 (or under 19 and in full-time education)
- You are over 60
- You claim the following benefits: Income Support, Jobseekers allowance, Working family tax credits or Disabled person’s tax credit.
- You suffer from glaucoma; or you are over 40 and have glaucoma in your immediate family; or your consultant has diagnosed you as being at risk of developing glaucoma.
- You are entitled to an NHS complex vouchers (most common with higher prescriptions)
- You have a valid HC2 certificate.
- You are registered as blind or being partially sighted.